Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Natalia Fletcher, ENDOW facilitator, Colorado

Last night I spent my time with Jesus in the adoration chapel. As it was my first Holy Hour since the start of lent, I noticed the bareness of the altar…no flowers, no additional statues, no special linens, just Christ. I was awestruck by the prominent presence of Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. The Holy Spirit led me to reflect on this as a visual reminder of what Lent is all about. Removing the “decorations” from our lives to focus on what is truly important…our Lord! All the chocolate, movies, dinner dates are all wonderful things we enjoy with Christ, but sometimes they become what we focus on and forget the man at the center of the altar. In sacrificing this Lent, and removing them I hope to see the prominent place of Christ in my life and rejoice at Easter when I get to once again enjoy them, but this time with Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment