Monday, March 29, 2010

Jo Ann Wilson, ENDOW facilitator, Ohio

I have a "Love, Dread " relationship to this time in our Church season. Lent is a time of my own personal "dying and rising". It is a time I strip the house of many accessories and holiday decorations to remind myself of the call inside to shed those attachments, habits and even relationships that draw me away from God. To allow Him to come into my Heart in a new way inviting Him to "have His way with me" that I so often compromise.

I "treat" myself to reading spiritual books in the afternoon. I find cooking less draining as I make simpler meals and still feel "good about it". I reach out to those relationships I have neglected, and I take the time to truly allow the gift of husband and family to cause a welling up of thankfulness in my heart in a new way.

I love the new life renewal that comes during this time, but the shedding part and even the initial "quietly facing myself" part is often painful. Only God's love and knowing He is with me every step as I struggle to be with Him makes the dreading part even part of the loving part!

No comments:

Post a Comment