Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kathy Middleton, ENDOW facilitator, Colorado

Lent is a time for me to get a sense for what God is doing in me in each year. It is a time of spiritual "spring cleaning". I often find that my efforts to find things to do or give up for Lent pale in comparison to what God reveals to me during this time. Hidden cobwebs, dust bunnies, dark corners, all become exposed and it is surprisingly humbling when I see the dirt that has accumulated in my soul! But it doesn't defeat me, because Lent is like God coming in with his 'sweeping' grace, his cleansing mercy, his startling "shaking out" of all that needs to be purged. hopefully, when I cooperate and allow Him to do His work, I can be more free to proclaim Him in my life as the year continues and as spring and Easter bring us new hope, warm winds, and flowers, hopefully, we also bring these gifts to a hurting world.

No comments:

Post a Comment