Friday, March 12, 2010

Kate Barta, ENDOW facilitator, California

What does Lent mean to me? At this moment in the lovely, sunny afternoon as my kids are snoozing, I see the answer in slow motion in my mind's eye. I can see only Jesus' feet, walking through the sand in slow motion, the bottom tip of His robe flapping in the wind as the sand and dust rise up around His steps. He is walking toward His Cross, and I am caught in slow motion so that I can journey, once again, with Him. But hopefully more fully this time, more substantially, more attentively, more humbly, more lovingly. The thing is, I can only see His feet right now. I need all the time of Lent to be able to raise my gaze to the other amazing details of His pilgrimage. I am so grateful for this time to slow everything down, intentionally, and to focus on His journey. Today, it means bending low with gentle, absolute intentionality in order to share with my children about this all-new, 40 day pilgrimage through the desert with Jesus. It means reaffirming to myself and my family that He is the most important Thing, One, Love, Hope, we ever have. Lord, help me to remain in slow motion with You in my heart at every moment this Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment