Monday, March 29, 2010

Andrea Maciejewski, ENDOW facilitator, Michigan

Lent is a very precious season for me. Since I was very young, I have relished the opportunity to "even now, turn back to Me with all your heart." I always find that the small sacrifices I try to make, small works of mercy I offer to Christ, and increased prayer has immediate consequences in my soul, as well as my day to day!

It is a great privilege and honor to be able to enter into the intimate Passion of our Lord. It is there that I truly find myself, and as I mourn my sins which crucified my Lord, He lets me know very clearly how much He loves me and makes me whole again. "For by your Holy Cross, you have redeemed the world."

It is when I die in Him fully that I will one day rise with Him. Lent prepares me for this glory to come, in reflecting on His Dolorous Passion, and living the Resurrection!

No comments:

Post a Comment