Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Denise Sinclair, ENDOW Facilitator, Pennsylvania

Lent has always been one of my favorites seasons of the year. I like to dig in and see where God is calling me to change and with His grace, hopefully die a little more to my selfish and sinful ways.
This year I entered the desert a little early. I made a silent, directed retreat for three days. (Feb. 9 to11)
I didn't quite know what God would reveal to me this year, but it turned out to be an encounter with self. He showed me ways that I have offended Him and others. Ways I was unaware of, until His light shone on these areas of my life.I was quite surprised, but grateful for His insights. One of the psalms asks God "to show me my unknown sins." I have often remarked to people that they may be unknown to us, but ask the people we live with or know...they are sure familiar to them. I look forward to continuing this journey of looking into my heart and asking God to help me see my unknown sins. I invite all of you to do the same and then to thank God for the grace of knowing so we can change and reflect Him, even so slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment