Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Michele Lentz, ENDOW facilitator, Minnesota

To me, Lent is finding joy in the desert. While seeking ways to offer up some of life's comforts I am also seeking areas where I can turn to God for my comfort, strength etc. rather than to things of this world. It is a time to be reflective and observant. Even small acts of self denial tend to drive up in me a clearer picture of my attachments. By observing these attachments to the things of this world I then have an opportunity to reflect on the inclination to turn to the world rather than turn to our Lord. When turning to our Lord at such times (or any time for that matter) I can then make some strides into a closer union with Him. Needless to say, finding that closer union with Christ brings joy and peace as well. Therefore for me Lent is finding joy in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment