Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mercedes W. Gutierrez, Founding ENDOW Board Member, Colorado

Lent has always been a time I cherish and actually anticipate because it demands silence…something that is rare and precious. During these 40 days, I like to quiet myself and reflect on God’s presence in my life. In these moments of silence, many common-sense questions surface that so easily pass by during the hustle of everyday life. Questions like: How have I been open to God’s daily graces? What areas of my life are closed off from Him? Where do I need to open myself more to the Holy Spirit? And, of course, when contemplating these questions, my mind and heart are drawn to the face of Jesus. I see His mercy, His tenderness, His unconditional love and His invitation to give me more: more joy, more peace, more meaning...if I just give Him more of myself! This is the treasure of Lent: encountering Jesus in a deeper and more personal way.

No comments:

Post a Comment