Friday, February 26, 2010

Janet Teran, ENDOW Board Member and facilitator, Colorado

Lent to me is a blessed time of opportunity to concentrate on a lessening of me. During this time of grace, I beg for extra grace to imitate St. John the Baptist when he said “He must increase, but I must decrease.” (Jn 3:30). My beloved Dad used to joke by repeating the phrase “Selfa-denial! Selfa-denial!” when we were called to sacrifice in various ways. Putting aside some of my excesses and practicing a bit of “selfa-denial” is one way I actively join in the process of becoming less of me and more of Christ Jesus. I love walking with Christ through Lent by joining with Him in these small sacrifices knowing in full HOPE that Resurrected Life in Christ is just on the other side His Passion and Crucifixion. As I strive to be a full gift of self, selfa-denial by selfa-denial, I joyfully await the promise of fuller New life in Christ! Come Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment