Thursday, April 1, 2010

Arleen Mack, ENDOW facilitator, Colorado

Lenten means a time that I, as a busy mother and wife, force myself to make time to work on my own spirituality. It seems that there is never a "right" time to make time for me, but because the well runs dry, I make time in Lent. The way I find that time is to give my faith life a higher priority in my time allocation. I stay away from unneeded shopping, lunches and coffee dates and instead attend two Endow sessions and parish soup suppers to keep up with my women friends. I also minimize my reading to only my spiritual selections. I work hard to find "quiet time" and stay away from the busyness of life. For the Lenten Season I really try to practice good discipline in time, treasure and talent, hoping some of the behavior change may become habits!

No comments:

Post a Comment