Thursday, June 25, 2009

My new blog!

By Terry Polakovic

Dear Friends,

It is with great excitement and a bit of healthy trepidation that I begin this blog. Excitement because in some small way I think it will help you to come to know the ENDOW (Educating on the Nature and Dignity of Women) program and all of us a little better. We are very proud of this work, so naturally, we are eager to share it with anyone who might be interested. Trepidation comes from the fact that in preparing to start this blog, I have been reading and watching what other people, particularly Catholics, write on their blogs. Since I rarely read the local newspaper, and almost never watch TV, I have found most of the information on the various blogs to be very enlightening. That being said, the lack of civility and charity shown by some is disturbing. I am afraid that the internet has somehow given us the permission and protection to openly criticize one another, something we wouldn’t necessarily do if we were speaking face to face. This is not going to be that type of blog…

The ENDOW program began just over six years ago. At that time, we decided that ENDOW would be an educational program aimed at “the woman in the pew.” Since we considered ourselves to fit this description, this seemed to us to be an appropriate audience. Six years later, I can tell you that there is no one type of woman who fits this depiction. We are all so different. Our stories, our lives and our dreams are not the same. I know so much more now than I did then, so I am excited to share with you what I have learned.

Stay tuned….